
AP, Baghdad, April 14, 2011 – a western diplomat says U.N. observers found 28 bodies during a tour of a camp of Iranian exiles stormed by Iraqi soldiers last week.
The diplomat says 25 of the bodies had gunshot wounds and at least three appeared to have been crushed to death، likely by vehicles.
Observers visited camp Ashraf Wednesday to assess damage from Friday’s raid against the people`s Mujahedeen organization of Iran.
The diplomat spoke Thursday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the details.
Iran considers the people`s mujahedeen a terrorist group. The exiles were allies of Saddam Hussein against Iran.
Iraq’s post-Saddam leaders have close ties with Iran and have tried to uproot the camp.
An Iraqi government spokesman did not comment.